Metropolis by Yvonne Mecialis
Yvonne Mecialis has developed her own unique style through the influence of the 1920’s Art Deco and Art Modern movements. The smooth elegant lines and sleek designs in her work reflect a new approach to the “modern” look from that era. Fritz Lang’s film, “Metropolis”, from 1927, was the inspiration for Yvonne’s set of Artool Freehand Templates. This film is a landmark for a glimpse into the future from a 1920’s perspective, and is a classic example of a timeless direction in art.
The Metropolis Templates are so versatile that they can be used for a myriad of airbrush applications. Whether you’re adding an accent to your piece, or creating a sleek futuristic theme, Metropolis is a welcomed addition to any artist’s toolbox!
Made from solvent proof polymer, these templates can be cleaned with solvents and is easily flexed or curved around irregular shaped surfaces without fear of damaging them. These freehand airbrush templates are designed by Yvonne Mecialis and precision laser-cut by Artool.
This set includes six Freehand Templates (approx:
- Wing - is perfect for creating various flowing points, tips and curves. Approximate dimensions: 17.75" x 6.5" (45.2cm x 16.5cm)
- Serpent - can be easily used for any Art Deco style rounded curve or arch. Approximate dimensions: 11" x 10" (26.7cm x 25.4cm)
- Razor - provides a myriad of edges and options for corners. Approximate dimensions: 12.5" x 8"
(32cm x 20.4cm)
- Eye - separates for additional wavy curves. The inside cut-away areas are ideal for vents or open areas. Approximate dimensions: 15" x 7" (38cm x 17.8cm)
- Comb - is designed for close, repetitive line patterns. The circles are ideal for rivets and/or holes. Approximate dimensions: 5" x 6.5" (12.7cm x 16.5cm)
- Arch - separates to create five additional templates, which are perfect for achieving positive/negative curves and arches. Approximate dimensions: 14" x 6" (35.5cm x 15.2cm)