candy2o are water-based, aniline dye color concentrates intended for mixing with a carrier such as 4050 UVLS Gloss Clear.
candy2o are metal-complex dyes, which are light-fast stable and suitable for exterior applications such as automotive refinishing. While not lightfast like a pigment-based color, are not fugitive like a fluorescent and will last for many years with limited exposure to direct light, such as a candy paint job on a car or motorcycle that is driven and parked outside on sunny days, but otherwise garaged. candy2o’s dye type, metal complex, is more light-stable compared to other dye-types, both solvent-based and water-based.
candy2o are concentrated and appear dark in solution. After top-coated with a gloss clear, appear bright & vibrant over a metallic base, and the 100% transparent nature of the color will be apparent.
- 4050 UVLS Gloss is the
recommended carrier for candy2o.
Airbrush - 4050 1:1 candy2o, thin ~ 10% 4011 Reducer
Spray-Gun, 4050 6:1 candy20, no thinning.
- Allow candy2o mix to acclimate for 10+ minutes before spraying.
- STRAIN BEFORE USING! Always pour through a strainer before using. A fine mesh-size, 125, micron works best.
- candy2o are intense. 4 – 6 medium wet coats are recommended for full color saturation. Allow each coat to air dry tack free approximately 10 minutes flash-time in between coats when painting in non-humid, temperate conditions around 70 deg. F. Adjust drying times in humid or colder conditions.
- Refer to Technical Data Sheet and Hard Surface Application Guide below for further application information.
- cany2o dry matte after application and appear transparent and vibrant after top-coating with a gloss clear
- Createx recommend a top-coat with a Automotive - 2k, solvent-based, urethane clear for a deep wet look shine
Createx Wicked ColorsSee the cando2o Color Chart for views of candy2o over: 6013 AutoBorne Silver Sealer, W350 Wicked Metallic Gold, W350 Wicked Metallic Charcoal, W361 Wicked Metallic White Coarse
Click of video icon for a view of reflective qualities
Color Swatches shown below are over 6013 AutoBorne Silver Sealer